1. One of the themes running through my life has been wings – and winged things. And while I have no extensive knowledge of birds, I’ve always been drawn to crows. I have a folder with crow tattoos because if I ever get a tattoo it will be of a crow. Anyway…3 times in the last 2 days I have read blog posts devoted to crows, and they really weren’t all that complimentary. I don’t mind so much that these folks do not share my love of crows but the incidence of 3 random people, who are on my regular blog reading list, who are not naturalists or ornithologists, writing about crows in such a short span of time – well, that must mean something. Or nothing – I don’t know, it just struck me as interesting. Or odd.
2. Remember when I was talking about an on-line purchase I made and the product was just dreadful and I was exchanging emails with their customer service department? Well they never answered my last email, and honestly, not answering was the only proper answer BUT the first negative review I posted on their web site was never published. So I posted another review, which was not exactly glowing, and guess what, that one hasn’t been posted either. So there you go as far as reading product reviews – probably can’t believe the good ones and the bad ones are only selectively published – you know, to keep up some semblance of honesty. Ha!
3. A discussion this morning with my husband left me in tears of frustration. If I want to be kind, I could say my husband is very laid back. If I want to be honest, I could say he just doesn’t give a shit about anything. The discussion ended with this exchange:
Me: You know your life hasn’t been all that bad that you should have run out of ‘give-a-shits’.
Husband: You’re right, my life hasn’t been bad at all, I’ve just drifted through it, and I really don’t care.
So I guess I shall take that as carte blanche to do whatever the hell I want – and I will.
4. The New York Times Crossword Puzzles. I’ve been doing them since I was 12. Obviously at age 12 I wasn’t getting very far with them. Nowadays the puzzles, starting with Monday, progress from super easy, ‘do it in my head’, ‘to ball it up in frustration and toss it in the trash’. I’ve always found the Thursday and Saturday puzzles to be the most challenging – doesn’t make sense with the supposedly Monday to Sunday, easy to hard, paradigm. But there you go. Anyway, this week I have sailed through the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday crossword. I found them insultingly easy. What’s up with that New York Times? I’m just not all that smart, so it must be you not me.
5. Y’all know how much I hate to cook. I will take any short cut I can find EXCEPT when it comes to whipped cream and anything to do with avocados. The only time I eat whipped cream is when I have lovely sweet juicy berries. One does not desecrate beautiful berries by topping them off with canned whipped cream. Plus – fresh whipped cream is so damn easy to whip up (see what I did there?) that anyone using canned whipped cream on fresh berries is a Philistine! I will take your berries away; you are undeserving.
And avocados – I mean how many ways are there to prepare avocados – mostly you just mash them up, add some olive oil, garlic and any other little oddments that please you – How hard is that? People actually BUY guacamole – can you believe that? Me either. Talk about lazy.
I guess this is rather a long post – at least I’ve given you a respite from the philosophical musings I’ve been dishing up the last few days. Enjoy!